The Essential Essentials
The absolute essential information for teaching Summer Term online from Matt Lingard, LCC’s Digital Learning Director.
The most important website is UAL Teaching Online. It contains:
- information on digital assessment, the recommended core practice for Summer Term and inclusive online teaching
- guides for using Moodle and Collaborate Ultra
- dates for training and advice drop-ins
Need more help? The LCC Digital Learning staff and the new Digital Learning Champions are available to answer your questions on Microsoft Teams.
- Join the Teaching @ LCC Microsoft Team and post your question in the ‘General’ or ‘Moodle and Collaborate’ channels.
Please try to avoid emailing the digital learning staff at this busy time. If your question can’t be answered in Microsoft Teams we will contact you.
A selection of new guides and information published late last week:
- The Indicative Student Timetable (PDF) provides one example of how a Summer Term week might be structured to support a more inclusive, asynchronous approach.
- The Managing Emails and Notifications from Moodle (PDF) will help you deal with the mass of emails that using Moodle Forums can generate.
- Each Programme site in Moodle contains a collection of Summer Term Online Induction resources and activities for students.
- The Collaborate Ultra Quick Start Guide for Recordings (PDF) explains how to make and share recordings with your students. This could be a live session or a pre-recorded one.