Digital Learning is the use of digital platforms within teaching to improve the quality of students’ learning experience.
Teaching Online 2021-22
See Teaching Online 2021-22 for a summary of information related to teaching the online elements of your course during 2021-22.
UAL Digital Learning Platforms
All LCC courses use Moodle as the online home for teaching, including learning material, communication and assessment.
UAL’s other digital learning platforms can be used for a variety of learning activities: Collaborate Ultra (live sessions), Workflow (portfolios), MyBlog (blogs and websites), Panopto (video recordings), Padlet (virtual pinboard / canvas) and Microsoft Teams (live tutorials).
In addition, Miro and Mural have both been approved for use with students but are not directly supported by UAL.
See UAL Teaching Online for general information and guides on using our digital learning platforms.
Help Using Digital Learning Platforms
Help for Staff
- UAL Teaching Online website provides online guidance material for using UAL digital learning platforms and for planning your online teaching.
- This LCC Teaching Hub has the latest information relating to Digital Learning at LCC.
- Contact UAL Digital Learning Support via MySupport for platforms and student data queries.
- Contact your LCC Programme Administrator or Programme Admininstration Manager (PAM) for staff enrolment issues on Moodle sites.
Help for Students
- The UAL Studying Online page includes guides on using UAL’s Digital Learning platforms.
- Students are supported by course teams and by staff based in The Digital Space. Students can visit The Digital Space, located in WG26 on the ground floor of the Workshop Block or contact email@example.com
- Students should use MySupport or contact IT Services for system and IT account issues.
Guidance, Training & Events (Staff)
The LCC Digital Learning team provide guidance and training for LCC staff:
- Contact the LCC Digital Learning Team for guidance on introducing new approaches (e.g. using a new platform for the first time) or to arrange individual or small group training. (LCCDigitalLearning@lcc.arts.ac.uk).
- Staff development sessions are offered online during Staff Development weeks (usually in September, December, March & July). See UAL Teaching Online.
- The LCC Digital Learning Open Forum and the LCC Digital Pedagogy Reading Group and Blend-it live events run regularly throughout the year.
Training for students – if you would like to arrange training for your students e.g. an introduction to Workflow, contact The Digital Space firstname.lastname@example.org
Blend-it: activating blended learning (Moodle login required) is LCC’s online, asynchronous resource focused on understanding and developing blended learning approaches. All LCC staff have been enrolled on it. If you can’t access Blend-it please contact LCCDigitalLearning@lcc.arts.ac.uk.
Digital Learning Strategy
LCC has a Digital Learning Strategy covering 2018-19 to 2021-22. See LCC Digital Learning Strategy for an overview and a link to the full strategy.
The strategy was published pre-pandemic and will be updated when the next University strategy is published.