A new page has been created for Associate Lecturers on the LCC Teaching Hub which includes useful information and links to both LCC and UAL resources and initiatives.
The page can be found in the Teaching and Learning Section – https://lccteaching.myblog.arts.ac.uk/teaching/associate-lecturer-information/
At present the page includes resources to support AL induction including :
- LCC Tutor Handbook 21/22
- Student Guide to Assessment
- Big Welcome Student Checklist
- Anti-Racism Action Plan
- Climate Emergency Action Plan
Please encourage new ALs to join the LCC AL induction being held on Friday 17th December at 2.00pm. All new Als should have received a teams invite. Please contact Adrienne Tulley if you have any queries.
The Induction will cover:
- Overview of LCC
- Finding Information and Useful Resources
- Contracts and Pay
- Key Priorities in Teaching and Learning
- Introduction to Digital Learning
- The Assessment Process
- Support Services
- Staff Development
ALs will be paid to attend through the Teaching and Learning budget.
Mental Health Awareness
As part of the December Staff Development week we are running Mental Health Awareness Workshops. These sessions are essential workshops for new Als as the Mental Health Advisors will :
- provide a brief overview of student mental health, including some recognisable signs/symptoms that may indicate a mental health issue.
- discuss how to support students with mental health issues or students in distress; including information on the services available to UAL students; and how and when to refer.
- explore role related responsibilities in working with students with mental health issues. We will use activities and discussion to explore managing professional boundaries and confidentiality.
We still have places on the workshop running on Thursday 16th December at 1.30. Please encourage Als to attend – payment will be covered by their schools.They can book onto this session by following the link;