UAL’s Digital Learning Practice Sharing Day – Call for Presenters (15.12.21)
Wednesday 15th December, 10.00am to 4.00pm
UAL’s Digital Education Teams are hosting a practice sharing event during the next staff development week. The event will bring together academics, technicians, and support staff from all colleges at UAL to present and discuss current and emerging digital education practices within the theme of presence and belonging and will take place face-to-face at a venue in central London (tbc).
The day’s event will explore the following types of questions:
- How do we define presence and belonging? What impact do they have on student learning?
- In what ways can we foster and maintain a sense of presence and belonging online?
- How can digital tools, spaces and practices help support and maintain equality, diversity, and inclusion?
Request for presentations
We calling for short presentations or provocations (10-20 mins) from academics, students, and guest speakers. Presentations should relate to the broad theme of presence and belonging in digital education such as:
- How social peer-to-peer/water cooler moments have been encouraged
- How peer-to-peer engagement/group work has been supported
- How complexity of multi-modal communications have been managed
- How group/collaborative opportunities have been designed
- Examples of ‘Chat pedagogy’
How to participate
Please complete this MS Teams form if you would like to take part. Be sure to include a preliminary title and any details of your presentation, discussion, or provocation by 30th November 2021.
If you are interested in taking part but an unable to present in person on the 15th of December, please contact Chris Rowell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Darren Gash (email@example.com) for alternative arrangements.
For questions or further information, please contact your Digital Learning Team or